Saturday, September 23, 2006

On Friday I got into the office early and started pages 13 and 14. Afterwards I met up with Vic and we headed over to the Cultch for more Canwest shows, the first was the Best of Canadian Content followed by Tinkle with David Cross and a whole bunch of other stand-ups. I was fighting the urge to doze off through most of the evening mostly due to weird sleep and not the fine talents of the performers.

Today I'll be back in the office but first I'm off to get some paint for Sunday's Garbage Can Art Contest and Auction on Granville Island. This is a charity event I've participated in over the last few years to raise funds for BC's Children's Hospital.

20 Artists are given a standard garbage can and have 4 hours to transform it into art to be auctioned off for children's art therapy programs. This year I plan to keep it simple with a Spider-man theme so if anyone wants something quirky and iconic for their kitchen or garage, come on down to the Island and help out the kids. Artists start at 11am, judging at 3pm and auction at 3:30pm in the market courtyard.

See you there!

No comments: