Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Page 15 is halfway there. Fallen a bit behind this weekend. Errands and weird sleep. Stiff muscles. These pages have a lot of action in them and combined with everything else I've been half drawing panels, struggling to get the flow of movement to work without it looking like a Michael Bay film dropped into Waiting for Godot.

Couple more days.

And it's not like I don't like action. Quite the opposite, it's my favourite part, capturing motion in just the right way. One day I'd like to draw an entire issue with one well choreographed fight scene. Just go to town. Pull the martial arts references off the shelf, dig up the Jet Li movies. Graceful moves, proper physics, the right amount of violence. That would be cool.

Added to all this there's a car chase... sort of, can't reveal anything of course. There's been this unwritten rule throughout the series: no car scenes. Too static, or too easy or something like that. But here's this cool car scene and now I find I've gotten rusty with cars, or their motion, getting it to look like a hunk of steel barreling down a street. It's not a big deal really. I do want to get it right though.

No comments: