Saturday, April 7, 2007

I have 8 pages nearly done. There was a mix up with the paper order so I've been working pages on some crap board (way too smooth for a strong line) that I can trace onto the good stuff when it comes in. As always with these situations, there's a big fat holiday slowing things down even further. Blech.

On the bright side, found a DVD of Casanova starring David Tennant and Peter O'Toole at HMV today. Perhaps a crazily revisionist version of a still remarkable life, this telling is both terrifically funny and quite moving. I knew very little of Casanova's history, just the obvious negatives concerning his many conquests, and I was surprised to see such a person made to be so damn likeable. I now want to read more of and by him.

Good on the BBC, they're just knocking 'em out of the park these days.

Tomorrow: The Shakespeare Code! The bard geek is excited! Oh yes!

No comments: