Monday, July 9, 2007

I've gotten back into the routine of things but there's still a lot of work to deal with. I spent the weekend finishing up the first half of the Treehouse story, it just went out the door. This week I'm back on Y to get caught up there. I'm hoping to get a batch of that out by the end of the week so I can tackle the last half of Treehouse on the weekend.

I'll be happy to be back on a single book again.

Found this neat little bit of trivia about the history of the ampersand over at (where else?) Neatorama:

The Ampersand
Origin: This symbol is stylized et, Latin for "and." Although it was invented by the Roman scribe Marcus Tullius Tiro in the first century B.C., it didn’t get its strange name until centuries later. In the early 1800s, schoolchildren learned this symbol as the 27th letter of the alphabet: X, Y, Z, &. But the symbol had no name. So, they ended their ABCs with "and, per se, and" meaning "&, which means ‘and.’" This phrase was slurred into one garbled word that eventually caught on with everyone: ampersand.

No comments: